Top 10 Tuesday – Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Writing prompts (posted in advance) for “10 Books That …” and other bookish prompts in a list.
This week’s Top 10 Tuesday is all about fandoms – so I’m going to give you a little breakdown of 10 of my favorites, in no particular order.
1. Star Wars – I’ve been a fan of SW since I was a kid. I love that the story arcs fit so well into Joseph Campbell’s archetype of hero stories. One of the few space themed fandoms that I love. The costumes, the characters, the worlds, etc. Fun fact: my husband and I are a part of the 50st Legion, one of the biggest SW costuming groups.
2. Disney – I am a lover of ALL THINGS Disney. I love going to the parks, movies, music, etc. I don’t know if it’s the nostalgia factor or what, but Disney just makes me happy. If I could move back to FL, I would definitely move closer to WDW and even work there.
3. Batman – This totally stems from something me and my dad share a love for. Being an only child and a girl can be hard to find common ground with your dad, Batman was the connection. I had a Batman themed mustang and when I played soccer, the Bat-symbol adorned my jersey.
4. Doctor Who – so I was super invested in the Doctor Who fandom, up until the 12th doctor. The eleventh doctor is by far my favorite incarnation. There was child-like whimsy yet a wise man who was tired in this version. It’s such a quirky show and I love it!
5. Lord of the Rings – Tolkien was the first bit of high fantasy I was introduced to. What’s not to like about elves, dwarves, orcs, hobbits, wizards?!
6. Sarah J. Maas – This woman…the Court series is what got me hooked (HELLO Rhysand!) and her Throne of Glass series is what fills my time until I get my next dose of her books. She is the queen of book boyfriends.
7. Final Fantasy – I’ve really enjoyed the Final Fantasy series, favorites being VII, X/X-2, and XV. The animation and stories are amazing…plus who doesn’t love some eye candy? Vincent Valentine is bae. I have some shameful fanfiction in some notebooks that my husband just recently dug up and I pretty much cackled reading the stuff my friends and I wrote in HS.
8. Kingdom Hearts – I guess this could fall under Disney, but it’s definitely more than that. This was the first game that my parents bought for me on a game console – I wasn’t allowed to have one because they were afraid I’d slack off in school (LOL). Obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover my feelings about this game franchise and I CANNOT wait for the remasters at the end of the month!
9. Harry Potter – Who isn’t in this fandom?! HP is like an old friend, especially if you grew up reading the books at the age Harry starts his adventures at Hogwarts. I’ll always be a fan.
10. Game of Thrones – this is more of a recent fandom. I’ll admit that I’ve primarily gained my love for it through the HBO series, but a goal of mine is to attempt to read the books. I did get through most of GoT, but I know I can fall in love with the books as well.
Pirates of the Caribbean
What are your fandoms? Do we have any of the same?